Friday, August 06, 2010

Have Trouble Saying No?

don't just say noImage by cheerfulmonk via Flickr


Do you have problems with saying no?

As a small business owner or even an employee if you wish to succeed it is often hard to say no. You feel that if you say no to anything you have the possibility of loosing a customer or not being eligible for the next promotion.

However, not saying no may be doing more long term damage than the no would be. First of all you may be taking on too much and not doing the best possible job. Also, you could be carrying so much on your shoulders that some important things may fall by the wayside. You are also putting additional stress on you that could leave to long term health problems.

I know from personal experience how hard it can be to say no.

When I was working for other people I was afraid if I said no they would think I was not good enough to move ahead but I wasn't able to take on every task that came along. As a business owner I am afraid that if I say no it could mean one less important customer.

The Zen Habits blog has some simple ways to say no:

7 Simple Ways To Say “No”

To perform at your best you need to learn how to say no at the right time.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: